Monday, September 9, 2013

Think of a Wonderful Thought



Hey everybody!

What a week. I don't think I've had a week this slow in forever.  It seemed like every person we usually visit had something going on, or wasn't home whenever we would stop by. We tried following up on some people we contacted last week, but still nothing. Finding new people to teach here is definitely tough. As a result, I don't have much to report on the missionary work front, unfortunately.
On Saturday, Elder Aubry and I went and saw the local production of Peter Pan! We have a less active member in the orchestra, and Shellie Renner, one of the people we are teaching was in the play. I don't think I've had so much fun in a long time. Their were a ton of kids in the play because it's summer time, and they just made it so much more fun. It really surprised me how much talent some of these actors and actresses have coming from a city of 12,000! Even the young kids were very good. Shellie's oldest son was in a car accident, so we weren't able to go over and teach them this week, but I think it meant a lot to her that we went to the play. We are trying to get some members of the ward out to it this weekend for some more support, but we'll see.
Sorry for the sparseness, it's been a looong P-day, and I don't have any cool stories or anything. I love you all and hope you're doing well!

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment