Monday, September 9, 2013

Staying in Harrison!



Hey everybody,
Transfer calls were this Saturday and I will be here another six weeks! Elder Beddes is going somewhere in Oklahoma, and my new companion is Elder Aubry, if I'm not mistaken. More word on that next week!
This weeks was slow, but good. Everybody is sad that Elder Beddes is leaving, it's funny but sad. He's been here 9 months, which is a super long time to be in one area. It will be hard for a while with him gone, but hopefully my new companion and I will be able to pick up the pace and get the ward to like us as much as they love Elder Beddes.
There's a huge tornado going on in Oklahoma City right now, I'm glad I'm not there. It's been stormy but nothing bad. Hopefullt those people can get to a safe place, it looks nasty. Not near me though, or even in my mission so don't worry!
Still haven't been able to meet up with Johnathan, as he has been out of town, but we're hoping that things are going okay. He's a good guy and I look forward to helping him progress more. 
Getting around to do missionary work is going to be a challenge in this upcoming month. Our Mission President had to cut our monthly mileage allotment from 1400 to 1100. Our area is the largest area in the mission and incredibly rural. It'll be a real struggle, but I'm sure that good will come from having to rely on members and maybe even the trolley/bus thing that drives around town.

The most interesting thing that happened this week was probably the Crawdad Days festival. We helped a recent convert set up a booth for "shoeboxes for soldiers" or something and then spent about half of Friday and Saturday walking around and trying to talk to people. On Saturday there was a car show, which was a lot of fun to walk around. I think Elder Beddes was getting bored after a while, but I played catch with him a couple Mondays ago so he owed me.
Elder Ostler, our District Leader is going home this transfer so we had a district outing this morning! We went fishing on the White River here, which is apparently supposed to have the best trout fishing  ever or something. I caught two trout! I was so proud. Elder Beddes caught six of course, and everyone else got at least one. It was a lot of fun. It will be weird when Elder Beddes and Elder Ostler are gone, but change is good.
I think about you guys a lot, and miss you a bunch. It's starting to be weird not being able to know what's going on all the time. It's weird, but definitely nice not to have a phone glued to me. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Love, 
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment