Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello Harrison!

o!
 
Elder Adams got in trouble. Dummy.
 
So let's see. After Monday, I decided to give Elder Adams the benefit of the doubt. Maybe President Shumway got mixed up, maybe Elder Adams would fess up. But after that I refused to have anything to do with the iPad just in case he tried to pull a fast one on me and get me in trouble. Monday and Tuesday were lame and no good. Elder Adams was a lameo and I'm glad I didn't have something sharp because I was really in the stabbing mood. Rachel, I totally know what you mean now when you say you can't look at people you're angry at. I didn't make a ton of eye contact with Elder Adams, but I felt all stuck and in this horrible position where I couldn't really say anything but I should've and just bleh. Then Wednesday came.
 
Glorious Wednesday. I wish every Wednesday was as glorious. At this point my anxiety/irritation/frustration had sort of hit a high point. We were on our way to the Church to give a Less Active and a Non member a tour because they wanted to see the gym for their wedding reception. It was gonna be awesome. Then President Shumway called. It was glorious. He talked to me for about a minute, and then asked to talk to Elder Adams. This is what I heard of their conversation:
 
"Hi President
Yes sir...
Yes, you can be blunt...
Yes.
Yes sir.
I know.
Yes.
(Some excuse as to why he didn't tell the President about the iPad)
I know.
I'm sorry
Yes sir, here he is"
 
Then President Shumway told me that I was being transferred. The next day. So Elder Adams was very mopey and sad for the next 24 hours or so. I tried to talk to him and cheer him up, but it didn't work very well, so I just tried my best to be the best missionary I could for the short time I had left.
 
On Thursday, Elder Adams slept in again, and I just kinda poked around until he got up. Later in the day we went to the Post Office to mail his iPad home. He didn't talk to me much on the way there. I couldn't tell if he was grumpy that I wasn't letting him be sneaky, or that he was sad because he messed up. Either way, I didn't try very hard to get it out of him. We got to the Post Office and he told me he didn't have any money. I'm still not sure if he really did or not, but I didn't really care at this point. A very nice man gave us ten bucks the previous day, and I asked what happened to that, Elder Adams said he used it for lunch the day before and then tried to lecture me on how it was sacred funds or something.
 
I told him to be quiet.
I'm glad I didn't have scissors or a letter opener or something.
I paid for his package, and unless he pulled a really fast one, it should be home now.
 
Looking back, I felt a few different things. I was bummed that I was going to leave the investigators in Springfield, and I hoped that Elder Adams's new companion was going to be decent. I didn't want to pack again and move and get to know a new companion and area, but oh well.
 
Looking forward, I feel a few different things. I am so excited to be out here in Harrison, Arkansas. I hope that the investigators in Springfield have good teachers. I love my new companion, Elder Beddes. I am tired at night because I work hard now. I love working hard. I love the people here, and I love the here here. It's so beautiful. I'm glad I got the opportunity to move to a new area, and I'm so grateful for basically everything. Springfiled seems like so long ago, even though it was less than a week ago. I can feel the Spirit like a bajillion times more here and did I mention that I love it here? Because I love it here. Where to start?
 
Thursday: Got in the car to Harrison, met Elder Beddes, and everyone thought it was crazy that Elder Adams bought an iPad. I'm not sure if I was supposed to keep that a secret, but whatever. Too late now. Elder Beddes continues to call Elder Adams a weiner. It made me laugh. We arrived in Harrison at about 8:30 and met the Ward Mission Leader, Fred Fredlund. He is a very nice guy and his familly is super cool. I wondered who would name their son Fred Fredlund.
 
Friday: W
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment