Monday, September 9, 2013

Golfin' in the Rain

Today it was raining, and Elder Aubry and I were very sad about not golfing. Then we decided to go anyway, because P-days are for golf. Luckily it only drizzled off and on. We both had a pretty good game, and I even got a legitimate par. I was very proud of myself.
Godo week otherwise. The Renner family is doing awesome, we just need them to stay for all of church. Shelly stumped me with a question about the Holy ghost though. She is super smart, and determined to get the whole truth, and to make sure it all makes sense, but if she gets that confirmation, then she is 100% for joining. Anyway, the question that stumped me was, "what really is the difference between the gift of the Holy Ghost after baptism and just feeling his influence before baptism? They're both conditional upon whether or not we're worthy, right?" And she was right. I had to humble myself and tell her that I would find the answer. Lucky for me, I was asked to give a talk this week about the very subject so got to do a bunch of research, and wouldn't you know, the answer was right in Preach My Gospel, our handbook for being a missionary. Turns out the biggest difference (to me at least) is the cleansing power of the gift of the Holy Ghost. Yeah, we are promised the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost when we receive the gift, but like Shelly pointed out, it's still conditional upon our righteousness. So that was a good learning moment, and she was there for the talk. She appreciated the honesty, which won the missionaries some bonus points. Woo!
Elder Aubry and I also forced ourselves to do some tracting this week. It's one of those things that is horrible until you're actually doing it. Both times were pretty successful, we taught some good lessons, and picked up some potential investigators! It's amazing what the Lord will do for you if you're willing to do some hard things, haha.
Sorry for the brevity this week, I've spent a little more time responding to individual e-mails.
I love you all and miss you like nothing else. Keep me posted on everything that's going on, I love to hear about it!
Love, 
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment