Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept 29th

Hey Peeps!

Well, pretty regular week, but let's go over some of the highlights I suppose. 

Tommy has been very busy, so the only time he's been able to meet lately has been in the morning. 

On Friday, Elder Harding and I woke up at 5, and biked in the dark over to Tommy's and got there around 6. Then we had a lesson. Then we looked at the baby bunnies he saved at a job. Is there a word for Baby Rabbits? Becca, you'll have to tell me. That was cool getting up that early and teaching a lesson. A first for me. 

Ummm.... Oh, Christine, a recent convert moved into a new house last week, so we had our first lesson at her house! It was great! Sister Moore, a recently reactivated member came to help and she is probably the best fellowshipper I have ever met on my mission. She's just your friend right away and doesn't say crazy false doctrine to explain difficult things. Speaking of which, we had to do damage control in Gospel Principles when our teacher started to go way too in depth about the fall with things that aren't in the scriptures prefaced with things like, "In the scriptures it says..." Christine had the furrowed brow and everything, so we had to say, "We don't know all the answers, but this is what we do know from the scriptures," and then read the scriptures. Never ever ever say, "It says in the scriptures..." unless you have a few scriptures to go along with it. I learned that when I had a guy challenge me on Sabbath Day/Saturday worship. I felt dumb. Then I looked it up and get it now. 

On Sunday, we got to go to two sacrament meetings. Ours, and the brand new YSA group's. The Spirit was pretty cool in the YSA group. There were 15 people there, including 4 missionaries. All those kids wanted to be there and wanted to learn and help the group grow and you could feel the Spirit really strong, it was awesome. It made me feel like I was way back when early day Christian churches or something where these little teeny groups were trying to survive against all the odds. It was way awesome. Spirit was strong. 

Oh yeah, we also went bowling on Monday. That was a ton of fun. I did horrible, but that's not odd. I still love bowling. 

Pictures next week. Promise. 

Also transfer calls are this weekend. Weird. 

Love ya, 

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment