Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference Weekends are the Best Weekends

Hey Fam!
Okay good story number 1.

Elder Harding and I walked to the bike shop because my bike decided to break, as usual when I'm in a bike area. We got there on the other side of town where we never go anymore, and decided to get a drink. We had to choose between Kroger and CVS. We chose Kroger. After a few minutes of walking around, we realized that Kroger did not have a cooler for drinks that aren't beer. What grocery store doesn't have some water or soda in a cooler? So we left. We went over to CVS and I got some yummy drink and maybe candy too. When we checked out, the lady, Marie, says to us, "Are you guys Mormons?" 
"Yes, we are!" we responded
"My husband and I want to be Mormons!"
So that was cool. We taught them this Wednesday and things are looking good. Marie and Wes.
Oh also, transfer calls were this weekend and we're both staying.
Then my bike was fixed and it runs better than ever! So good news there.
General Conference was awesome, as always. I hope that all of you had a chance to watch/listen to it because it was awesome. It was a good reminder to me that I need to pray better, so I'm working on that.
It's been cold and rainy and otherwise generally depressing, but Elder Harding and I have managed to stay dry for the most part, though I had to wear my Jacket once. That was really sad.
Elder Harding was supposed to e-mail me a picture from the other week but I don't have it yet. It will probably come through later. I'll pop back in after we move somebody's tub and try to send it to you guys because I know that I'm terrible at sending pictures.
What else.

Oh. The Shoes. I have these sweet brown shoes I got at the thrift store in Bentonville about a year or so ago. I've worn them so much, they're effectively destroyed, which is awesome. My family will be able to relate them to those black and white Vans I have at home. I can wiggle my toes out the right shoe, and the soles are worn down to the socks on both of them. The left one's heel is worn at this really weird angle and I'm very much proud of how much use I've gotten out of them.
Three times this week I've had people pull me aside and ask me if I need help buying new shoes, haha. To which I have to explain to them that I actually have two other pairs at home that will be back in service come the snow. So there you go. My mother is probably horrified at the prospect of me wearing shoes that are so destroyed, but it's an Elder Drake thing. They'll be a monument to my missionary service, haha.
Love you guys, hope you had as good a we
Oh wait!
We got to see Meet the Mormons at a Zone Thingy this Friday. All you people not in Utah need to request that it come to your area, or as close as you can get it. It is such a good movie. I loved it. Super good message, funny, uplifting, and just awesome.
Okay have a good week!
Elder Christopher Drake

Okay here's the picture.

It's my district. 

So let's see, left to right, we've got Elder Harding, Elder Gordo, Elder Meyer, and Elder Hatch. 
Down in the front row is Sister Bastian and Sister Powell, Then The Colsons who are the awesomest. I imagine serving with them was like serving with Nana and Bobba in Germany. Except in America. 
Inline image 1


Love you!
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment