Monday, September 22, 2014

One of Those Weeks

Hey Peeps!

It was one of "those" weeks. Eeeeevvverything seemed to fall through or not work out, it was so frustrating. That's part of missionary work though, and the good thing is that you just get to try again next day. Also, it's really really hard to get fired so you don't have to worry about losing your job if people flake on you.

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Salem elders, it was a lot of fun. I was with Elder Meyer, who is from California too so we bonded about how cooler we are than the whole rest of the world. His favorite color is also orange, so we bonded over that too. Best friends forever. Or until I never see him again, which is depressing, but also part of life. 

We taught Tommy that evening and it was a cool lesson about the Plan of Salvation. He keeps texting us awesome questions before he goes to work at 5 in the morning and so we got to explain to him about the pre-mortal life and why the Gospel seems so familiar to him. That was way cool. Then he started talking about a Book of Mormon challenge and it turns out that Elder Meyer issued the challenge to some girl in his last area who then issued it to a bunch of people one of which issued it to Tommy. That made him feel really good and it was really cool. 

Thursday I got a cold and died. 

Now I'm better though, so that's good. I bought Mucinex before I called Sister Shumway for advice this week because whenever I call her she just tells me to buy Mucinex. I thought I was really clever. Then our conversation went like this:

"Hi Sister Shumway, I'm sick. This is what's wrong, and I bought Mucinex, any other suggestions?"
"What kind of Mucinex?"
"Um...DM? It's green."
"Okay that's great for night, but what I want you to do is get some Extra Strength regular Mucinex and take that in the mornings."

So despite my best efforts, Sister Shumway still told me to go buy Mucinex. That's what I get, I guess. 

I was supposed to give a talk on Sunday, and it was going to be awesome. I was actually really excited to give it. I was all thinking about how it would hopefully give some help and insight to a couple people in the congregation. I was the last person to speak, so after helping with the sacrament I went and sat on the stand next to the youth speaker. First the High Councilman got up and gave a good talk. Unfortunately he was aout 5 or 7 minutes over. "Don't worry, you got this," I thought. "You might have to do a little less, but it'll be good. Then the youth speaker got up and she talked for 15 minutes! Which is great, don't get me wrong. She gave an awesome talk, but it was 5 after before she was finished. So I spend all sacrament being nervous and then the bishop got up and closed the program because it was over haha. 

It was one of those weeks. 

Love you guys! Keep awesome. 
 
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment