Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Party Time

Hey Folks! 

I hope all of you had a super duper Halloween. Ours was awesome because we had a baptism. But it was also less awesome because we had to be in my 7 o'clock and didn't have the option of going to a member's home this year. So I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling hoping that the roof would fly off and I would get sucked into space. But other than that, it was good times. Here's a picture of the baptism. 


​Obviously the missionaries. Then Erik Williams, his daughter Hailee. Front row is Carly, Betsey (who was baptized) Christian in front of her, then Zach on the right. Hailee and Zach are Erik's and Carly and Christian are Bestey's (who was baptized)

Good stuff. 

We had a Zone Conference this week. Elder Alan Packer, the one who talked about the hatchet in general conference was there. It was good and enlightening and stuff. We had to get up at 4:30 though, and that was less than fun. We were very tired and sleepy. Elder Packer was pretty funny. For some reason on my mission I keep meeting people or put in these situations that honestly feel like they belong on a TV show. While instructing, Elder Packer was writing on a whiteboard and discovered that there was a dry marker. He then made it a point to stop the lesson and announce to all of us that it was his mission to go around LDS churches and throw away dried up markers. Then the instruction continued. We learned a lot about Family History and it was cool. We have these "My Family" booklets that we're supposed to fill out and use in our missionary work but I didn't really know what to write in it or what pictures to use so it was just names, which is totally the opposite of what it's supposed to be. So I am enlisting your help to get my My Family booklet awesome! Send me awesome pictures of family members and grandparents and stories and stuff and I will love you forever. And lots of baptisms will follow. 

After the conference was over we had a short leadership training meeting with Elder Packer. When we were leaving, he was right behind me, so I let him go out the door first. On his way out he pulled a marker out of his pocket and threw it away. 

Wes and Marie are doing awesome. They're the ones who told us they wanted to be baptized in CVS. It never fails that every investigator we have goes through some crazy trial when they want to join the church. It's that Satan dude, I swear. Anyway, their furnace broke, then their car broke, then it was just one thing after another. So we went over and had a Spirit filled lesson with them and they were super appreciative, which always makes the missionaries feel good. 

That's the highlights from the week. Hope y'allses are doing super great, I love you, keep it up, and stuff. 

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment