Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10th

Howdy Howdy Peoples! 

Let's see. 

This week we had stuff. We were busy. Which is good when you're a missionary. There's nothing worse than having nothing to do as a missionary. 

Let's walk through the week. 

Monday was a typical p-day. Fun, adventure, the whole bit. 

Tuesday we went and saw our Jewish born Christian Convert friend who doesn't think we should celebrate pagan holidays or worship on Sunday. He's very smart but clearly has some different religious beliefs. It's interesting because he honestly feels like God has told him some of this stuff, but because of it he's been kicked out of churches for voicing his thoughts and opinions. How frustrating it would be to feel like you didn't fit in with any churches but had a strong desire to be close to God. So we're working with him. We'll keep you posted. 

Let's see, 

Marie and Wes are doing great. They are really getting tried and tested and just pounded right now, but they just don't give up, it's awesome to see. Their car broke down, they got sick, then this and that and this and that and their response was, "Well we better just have the missionaries over more often and go to the adult institute class on Wednesdays so we can feel the Spirit more." Also they should be getting baptized on the 29th of November. 

That's the attitude we like to see. I wish I was more like that. Usually I find myself saying things more along the lines of, "I don't want to save the world, I just want to take a nap."

We had a Zone Meeting on Friday, and it was great fun. A senior couple's phone went off while President Shumway was speaking and he did a little dance for us. That was basically the greatest thing ever. 

What else happened guys? 

Oh we got a new investigator from a part-member family, the French's. Brother French just won't quit smoking, but he knows the Book of Mormon is true and needs to be baptized. Maybe the family we teach will get baptized with him, that'd be cool. Anyway, that was way awesome. Go give your missionaries families to teach. 

Guys, I need your help. 

Transfer calls are Saturday. 

I've been here 4 1/2 months. 

3 of those with Elder Harding. 

I really would prefer to be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas. "Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."

Basically I'm on the chopping block, and if what I think is happening is happening....it better not be. 

So pray for me. 

Love you folks! Here's a picture of my MTC district reunited once again! 

Inline image 1


Elder Kindrick, on the right, is a big fancy assistant now. I think President gave him special permission to not have a part in his hair....for obvious reasons. 

Elder Stearman is serving in Harrison right now, so we get to talk about all the people I love there, it's pretty sweet. 

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment