Monday, August 4, 2014

Deep Fried Tacos

Hey Fam,
Preeetty good week this week. A couple of the families we teach were out of town, so that was kinda a bummer, but the good news is that one of them went to Nauvoo and brought me back one of those Prairie Diamond ring things. Heck yeah. Unfortunately it only fits on my pinky ring, but I feel like I'm gangster enough to pull it off.
Let us see what happened this week.
On Monday we played volleyball with some sweet recent converts and a couple investigators. It was the kind of volleyball that will drive you nuts if you know how to play volleyball, but it's all about the attitude, so that's cool.
I don't remember what happened Tuesday. I probably should have brought my planner so I could remember things.
After District meeting on Wednesday we went to a hibachi place that was pretty dang good, and also pretty cheap. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The guy who did the grill couldn't speak English very well, but luckily when he said "sake bomb" to our senior missionary, Elder Colson, it was just barely intelligible. It's a good thing he was paying attention too, or that could've turned out a little bad.
Saturday was probably the highlight of the week. We went up to Cuba, Missouri and I had Jack in the Box for the first time since I've been on my mission. I didn't even know they had Jack in the Box this far east! It was pretty much a Christmas miracle. Here is a picture of me with my Jumbo Jack, Curly Fries, 2 tacos, and topped off with Strawberry Fanta. It was truly a good lunch.

My stomach may or may not have hurt a little bit afterwards. Worth it.
We taught a sweet lesson to Jim, this investigator we have who's trying to quit smoking. He talks a lot. We used the example of the Brother of Jared who had to come up with solutions to his problems before the Lord would step in. A lot of the time that's just how it works, if not all of the time. We have to put in our part and then the Lord makes the miracle happen. The miracles not usually as awesome as glowing stones and seeing the finger of the Lord, but sometimes we look back and say, "Oh. Hey. That worked out. That was cool."
I was reading that the other day and trying to focus on the details. I thought it was neat that the brother of Jared goes to the Lord with two questions, and the Lord pretty much completely ignores one of them and gives him the answer to the other. Then instead of asking the other question again, the brother of Jared goes and does what the Lord told him to, then after that's done comes back with the other question again. How cool is that? Even the prophets have to walk in faith a little bit. One step at a time sort of deal. That makes me feel better about being such a weiner.
Okee doke folks, that's about all I've got to report on this week. Keep being awesome and all that jazz and keep us in your prayers this week!

Love y'alls, 

Elder Christopher Drake
Man that picture's making me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment