Monday, August 18, 2014

Aug 18th

Dear Family, 

Now I have a small taste of what it feels like to be a parent at church, except I didn't get to mooch off of my kids' Cheerios. 

We had TWELVE investigators at church. Talk about running around like crazy trying to make sure everybody was taken care of. Thank Heavens for members who are on the ball. That was probably the most exciting thing about this week. It was pretty much like Christmas. 

Other fun/interesting/inspiring things we did this week:

Went on an exchange with one of the Zone Leaders. It was kind of like going on an exchange with a robot. I guess all of my leaders have always been really personable and so it was a little weird to spend a day with someone who was not. We did good work though, and got a new investigator due to his fearless talking to people skills. I suppose that's one of the benefits that come with being super awesome completely fearless and dedicated. We'll get there. 

Caroline, an investigator for some times was able to come to church this week, which was a miracle. She's got all sorts of crazy stuff going on in her life and it really was awesome for her. We fasted together on Saturday, and she got some miracles! It never gets old seeing the Lord do crazy awesome things for the people that go looking for him for reals. 

Tommy, another investigator loved church. He felt the Spirit super strong and said he hadn't felt that good in a very long time. 10 points for the true church! 

Saturday was Elder Hegsted's birthday. I took him to Waffle House for breakfast, because that's what you do for your companion on his birthday. I had never been to Waffle House and was pleasantly surprised. I might stick with Denny's though. We'll see. We also went to Meramac Springs Park with a part-member family. Elder Hegsted did his usual running around looking for animals and telling us all about them, complete with catching a trout with his hands. I enjoyed throwing the fat fish some food and watching them all race towards it. It was good times. 

Okay peeps. 

You rock. 

That was my week. 

Love you alls!

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment