Monday, July 28, 2014

Cats and Old People.

Hi fam.
Interesting week this week.

Oh, that old lady from Little Flock is getting baptized says Elder Allred so that's super awesome. The bad news is I'm practically in St. Louis so I won't get to go. But that's okay. I'll see her when I come back.
We kept busy this week. It was really hot. We saw peeps. Elder Hegsted can't stand the heat, and I love it, so that's a bummer sometimes, but we've bridged the gap and agreed that 68 is a good temperature for the apartment and I just roll down the window or close my vents in typical passive-aggressive fashion when it's too cold in the car. I make it okay by telling myself that it's okay because I'm only being considerate in case he's still hot or something.
There are a couple cool peeps that we're teaching. One guy, Mike, is basically a member already, he just needs to quit smoking already. We're working with him.
On Sunday, we stopped by Mike's neighbor, Tom. He's an older guy. He's come to church a few times, but not recently, so we wanted to get the scoop. He told us all about how ever since the Lord told Satan, "Get behind me," that Michael, the Archangel has been holding Satan back in heaven and soon Satan is going to be let loose for five months and anybody who doesn't have the Lord in their heart will die or something. It was a little weird, but he likes the Book of Mormon, so that's cool. We'll see what happens.
Later, we saw the husband of a referral and did a quick Restoration lesson and he liked it and took a pamphlet but then told us to come back in a month. -_-
For dinner we went to a sweet member's home and after dinner we played "The Name Game" it was sweet. I did really bad on the one word round though. The name was "Terminator" and the first thing that popped into my head was "Back" in a really bad Austrian accent. Then I couldn't change it and people were confused and were thinking "Bach" or "Bok" and there really wasn't much I could do. But I rocked all the other rounds, it was cool.
Elder Hegsted tried to milk a cat this week. It was awkward. I told him to stop. All I could think of was Meet the Parents. That's really pretty much the whole story. I think that's enough to say.
Okay gotta go! Love y'alls.

Oh yeah, this is Elder Dickson and I at the Walmarts.


Man, that's a bad picture of me. That's how much I love you guys. 

Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment