Monday, July 21, 2014

Rolla

Mornin, fam
Rolla is indeed very far away. After I traveled for an hour and a half to get to the next transfer point, I then drove for another 2 hours or so to get here. I was tired.
Elder Hegsted is my new companion who is also a good guy. He is taller than me though, so that's not cool. He insists that I am at least 6'4" because he is 6'6" or something. I'm pretty sure I haven't grown though. Well, not vertically at least.
Rolla is a quietish town and there's a ton of stuff going on, so that's sweet. Our area is pretty big and we drive a Jeep Compass. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm kind of opposed to FWD Jeeps, even if they have On-demand 4WD.
At any rate, we've been really busy which is definitely awesome. This is Elder Hegsted's third transfer and I am his second companion which makes it kind of fun to reflect back on when I was a newer missionary. Good times.
The area is sweet. We're teaching a lot of people. There's a small Engineering University here, MS&T I think it's Missouri Science and Technology. There are a lot of smart people here. We're teaching a Chinese family and another Chinese lady that are visiting scholars from China. It's been cool because they're the first people I've taught without a Christian background as far as I can remember. That's an interesting experience. They also don't speak very good English, but luckily we have a member who does some translating for us. It's good stuff.
I don't really have a ton to report on for the week =/ Getting in the rhythm of a new area is always a pain, but sort of fun at the same time. I have a Senior couple in my district, so that will be a new experience too.

I also forgot to bring my camera today, so sorry about that. I'm really bad at pictures.
I'm looking forward to a busy and productive and awesome and stuff week this week, so pray for us!
Love you guys, and hope you have a great week!
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment