Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26th

Hello Family, 

Don't have much time, we are going to do some fun stuff with the other companionship in our district. 

Except for the three days that Elder Allred was bed-ridden, we had a good week! Mine was better than his, I think. I read a lot, did a puzzle...One of the days we had exchanges with Bolivar and so I got to work, that was cool. A lot of sitting though, which is pretty much the worst thing ever as a missionary. (Let's see how many old Ensigns I can get through today!)

Matthew, Alma, and Hyrum and Jeri all had their interviews with Elder Corbridge this week, which was awesome. Alma's got some more work to do I guess, has to wait a little longer, but the rest of them are good to go! We just have to wait to hear back from President Shumway. The bad news is Matthew left for North Dakota on Saturday. He wasn't getting paid what he was supposed to out here, and so went back to the land of oil and cold. Go to college kids. And probably don't get married when you're 18. Crazy Fundies.

After Sacrament on Sunday we got asked to teach a primary class. So that's always cool having five minutes notice. Seems to be what the missionaries are for in some wards. So that was crazy. We taught the 5-6 year olds. There was one that insisted she was a cat the whole time and kept saying "eye eye eye eye eye eye" (I guess there's some zombie on Minecraft that does that..?) She also licked everything. And ate paper. At one point after Primary and during class I had to take her out so she could spit a giant wad of paper out of her mouth. I guess she decided it wasn't so good after all. 

We taught about the priesthood for about half an hour. We also tried making a boat out of chairs and pretending Jesus was calming the sea and stuff. Then we played tic-tac-toe and hangman. I learned that kindergartners are really bad at tic-tac-toe. Whoever goes first wins! It was pretty funny. Oh then we ate dinner at crazy cat girl's house. She was doing the same things and I was about ready to punch her. Luckily I didn't But I did get chocolate ice cream on my shirt, so that's cool. 

Those are the highlights from this week! Good times. Keeping the work going and all that jazz over here. Oh yeah, transfer calls are this weekend. Weird. 

Love you!
Elder Christopher Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment