Monday, May 19, 2014

Last time I went to church....

Had some interesting escapades this week. Funny stuff first? Okay. 

Oh, by the way, pictures of the tiger are attached. 

So we had all kinds of stuff happen this week. We were all over the place. Went to Springfield three times this week. Sheesh. 

Anyway, on Friday we went to ElDorado springs and our first appointment was with a less active lady that we've been working with for a while. While visiting with her when we first got there, she told us about how she and her son are going to Florida next weekend - a 30 hour car trip.  Then we had a really good lesson, the spirit was there, inspired and all that, and we were trying to get her to commit to coming to church. So I gave her the challenge, "Sister ____ will you come to church this week?"
Pointing outside to their car she responded, "That car out there can't go anywhere. The radiator is broken...." and talked about some other things that were wrong with it.
"What if we get you a ride?" I proposed. This is where things get scary. Almost in slow motion this poor sister's face started to strain, her brow furrowed, out came the waving arms of frustration and doom as she stood and stared us down, yelling at the top of her voice, 

WARNING: EDITED EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AHEAD 

"LAST TIME I WENT TO CHURCH I $&@! MYSELF! I HAD TO LEAN OVER TO MY FRIEND AND TELL HER 'WE NEED TO GO BECAUSE I JUST $&@! MYSELF AND THEN I HAD TO SIT IN MY $&@! THE WHOLE WAY HOME!"

EDITED EXPLICIT LANGUAGE ENDS HERE

Apparently she has some G.I. tract problem that prevents her from sitting through church. We didn't ask her how that works with driving thirty hours to Florida though. We just kind of apologized, tried to close the lesson in the best way possible and left. The good news is she doesn't hate us and Elder Allred and I have a new inside joke!

So that was good fun. 

Adventure 2:

On Sunday, Elder Allred and I had about 20 minutes downtime before dinner and saw a brand spanking new pretty Subaru BRZ parked in the grocery store parking lot, so of course we went and parked next to it to look at it- I mean, to review what we were going to share at our appointment. We parked, pulled through to the empty stall opposite us and admired...our plans for the appointment. When we pulled forward to leave, I did a quick glance to make sure nobody was coming up or down the parking lot lane and pulled forward. Looking left at the beautiful plans we had made for the lesson and not the car, I suddenly hit something! There was some guy in a truck that was flying through the parking lot, cutting through the lanes who passed right in front of me at a 45 degree angle and I tagged the back of his truck. Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, I want you all to know that this is the first accident I have been in that was notlegally my fault. Pretty sweet, huh? Anyway, the guy was cool and now I have more paperwork to do so that's cool. 

Okay enough with the adventures. 

Our wonderful Fundamentalist friends have interviews coming up! Woo!! That's about eight people if Alma's kids want to be baptized, which they did last time I checked. But they don't need a special interview anyway. So that's super awesome sauce. We'll keep you posted on that. We are very excited. We all thought this would take six months or something, but it didn't! Sweet Virginia Barbecue Sauce! 

Also we have another lady with a baptismal date for June 21!

So yeah, The Lord is awesome and blesses us with awesome stuff even though we don't deserve it. It's been quite the eventful week. 

I hope that all of you are doing swell as usual. I miss you and love you and am praying for you and all that stuff. Keep being awesome. 

Love, 

Elder Christopher Drake



No comments:

Post a Comment