Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30th

Dearest Family and Friends, 

So I don't have any pictures today. I'm kind of sucking on that goal there. I will try again this week though and try to make it up to you! It's hard to find interesting things to take pictures of or with. 

It's been raining a lot here. Which makes walking kind of a bummer. I'll get soaked on purpose one of these days and send you a picture to show how hardcore I am. 

Things are picking up...slowly. We have a Marshallese lady who is going to marry a semi-active member of the ward. She wants to be baptized, but she also doesn't speak much English. So that's a challenge. 

We have our follow-up with Dale and Maddie this week, looking forward to that. He's the Nova guy

Also, Vonnie, the older lady we found now has an extra large print edition of the Book of Mormon and asks a lot of questions! She's sweet, and we're excited to teach her about the Plan of Salvation this week. Being a missionary has taught me some cool things, and one of my favorites is how most people's spirits instinctively believe (or reject) some things, and how we are the only Church that teaches them.

First, everybody knows that they will be with their family forever, but the Church of Jesus Christ is the only one that teaches about Eternal Marriage and families.

Second, most people I've talked to believe that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate personages. Again, we're the only ones that teach that. 

Third, and least common, is predestination. Nobody wants to believe that they are predestined to go to heaven or hell, or to be a Christian or a Heathen. Nobody wants to believe that because it's unfair and unjust...and also untrue. 

I'm so grateful for the gift of this Church. Where would I be without it?

Love you all a bunch.

Pictures next week. 

Hopefully. 

Love,  

Elder Christopher Drake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment